Saturday, 7 February 2015

Valentine's Day Ideas 2015

With a week to go until Valentine's Day, I thought I'd write a post giving you ideas of how you can spend the day.


Valentine's Day doesn't have to be all that lovey dovey nonsense, my opinion is why should you show your love for someone just one day a year? So I've included ideas that feature activities which you can do with your other half, family or friends because Valentine's Day can give you the opportunity to show everyone in your life that you care.

Food - So whether it's with your partner, family or a group of friends I think it's always nice to get together, have some great food and chat. Whether you go out to eat or cook a meal yourself, it doesn't matter, it's just a lovely way to spend some quality time with those important to you.

Yummy Italian food & Wagamama's.
Cinema - I love films, so I tend to visit my local cinema often, plus they have the best popcorn! Going to the cinema is a brilliant way to spend Valentine's Day, go and see a film you've been wanting to catch whilst indulging in your favourite treats.

My local cinema is super cheap!
Netflix - If you're on a tight budget then you could always stay in. Grab some snacks, a cosy blanket and snuggle on the sofa with the person/people of your choice or on your own, either way settle down and put on a film or binge on your favourite TV show. I enjoying nothing more than a day/night in front of Netflix with endless cups of tea.

I'm addicted to Netflix - see my Netflix Tag here.
Pamper Night - Whether you've got Netflix or music on in the background why not give your self a nice pamper? It's a fun way to spend the night in with friends or a great way to relax on your own. Gather your favourite face masks, choose some nail polish and run a bath. Spend your night sitting back and relaxing.

Origins do some of my favourite face masks, I also love fizzy sweets!
Bowling - Without breaking the bank bowling can be a cheap way to have a laugh with your loved ones. It gives everyone the chance to practice their bowling skills whilst incorporating a little friendly competition. And whilst you're there, grab some food and let your hair down!

I like to this I'm rather good at bowling, haha!
Go for a walk/Bike ride - With spring edging ever closer, slowly but surely, it's always nice to get out of the house and go for a walk, plus it's free! Whether it's around your house, going to your local park or to the beach, it doesn't matter. It's always pleasant to get some exercise and clear your mind. If you go on your own put your headphones in and listen to your favourite music, if you have company then chat and put the world to rights. Make sure to pass by a cafe to get a warm drink on these crisp chilly days though.

I live in Blackpool. so walking along the prom in the sunshine is lovely. My dog is also a fan of a good walk!
Get Away - If you have some spare cash and the time, why not get away somewhere. Even if it's just to a Travelodge in a near by town/city or a nice hotel in the country, wherever you decide to go it's always fun exploring somewhere new with those close to you. Take a look around the area, visit a museum, go shopping or go for some food. No matter what you do, as long as it's with people you care about, you're bound to have fun!

Recently we took a trip to Manchester, it's close by and the hotel was super cheap, it was nice just to get away for the night.
Treat Yourself - Even if you're not going to be showered in gifts this Valentine's Day by a loved one, it doesn't mean you can't treat yourself! You don't have to go overboard money wise. so you could just buy yourself that magazine or book that you've been wanting to read, or purchase some new items for your wardrobe - who can say no to a new dress or pair of shoes?! Maybe you're dying to try that new lippie or eyeshadow palette (or in my case the whole makeup department in Boots!) that your favourite Blogger/Youtuber has been raving about. Whatever it is, just treat yourself to something on your wish list, without breaking the bank of course! 

As you might be able to tell, I treat myself with makeup, shopping & getting my hair done.
Your Daily Routine - So what if others are celebrating Valentine's Day, it doesn't mean that you have to. Spend the day however you choose and if that means going about your normal day to day routine, well that's just as good. 
Just remember, it's only one day out of the whole year, so spend it how you want to and with who you want, don't let society dictate to you how you should spend February the 14th. 

I love nothing more than a good cup of tea and a book.
I still have no idea how I'll be spending my Valentine's Day yet, myself and my boyfriend aren't the biggest of romantics and find the whole ordeal a little cringe worthy, but however you decide to spend yours, have fun! 

If these suggestions aren't up your street, then please leave your ideas below.

Finally, keep an eye out for my Valentine's Day Makeup post next week - if you have any suggestions of what you'd like to see let me know.

Thanks for reading :)

Suzanne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-53235582-1